Need college advice

News from the collegiate ranks

Moderators: lonpvh, VaultnGus

hallvaulter
PV Pro
Expertise: College Coach
Favorite Vaulter: Randy Hall

Unread postby hallvaulter » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:06 pm

thanks, i really appreciate all the ideas, i might try the video thing, ive got some laying around here somewhere..

hunter....

zach, ill check out bethel, being in the midwest isnt really big in my mind right now though, who knows...
Coach Bob Phillips

CrossBarHOpper
PV Pro

Unread postby CrossBarHOpper » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:35 pm

if your interested in a christian school Oral Roberts university has Joe Dial as head coach and polevault coach there a really good schoool too
hey guys! Abe Lincoln?
Sophmore PR 14'6"

achtungpv
PV Rock Star

Unread postby achtungpv » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:00 am

hallvaulter wrote:Of course, even with Hunter's stats so far and with his dad being an All American and SWC champion for Texas A&M, they are one university that we have NOT heard from.

Not surprising. Vaulting at A&M was on life support after Sevin left and it's pretty much dead now that Sutton graduated.
"You have some interesting coaching theories that seem to have little potential."

dlee59
PV Newbie

Unread postby dlee59 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:22 pm

I realize A&M is a tremendous pull for you, (my Dad and little bro grad. from there) but ACU is an outstanding christian school and just happens to really get into the vault. Oral Roberts would be a close second IMHO. Still, I thoroughly understand your dilemma. Randy was a great vaulter and the network of friends after u get out of A&M is really tough to beat. Contact both and see what happens.
The headshot came from the storm drain on the north side of Elm St., go ahead, prove me wrong, I'm listening.

dlee59
PV Newbie

Unread postby dlee59 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:10 am

Actually, after quite a bit of thought, I'm going to have to agree with Hopper. Spiritually speaking, I believe the training would be of an even higher quality at Oral Roberts than ACU. Add in Joe Dial and you should have an unbeatable combination though I haven't talked to Joe in a very long time nor am I up on the facilities for vaulters at ORU. He was one of the best vaulters I ever had the priviledge to watch. I'm assuming his coaching style and ability would be of similar quality. Now having said all this. If you choose Azuza, you haven't done badly at all. Excellent school. When you decide, give them a call. That's always good. Having a letter/video with your marks for the Coach to refer to when you call can be very effective, so definitely to that. Just my 2 cents.
The headshot came from the storm drain on the north side of Elm St., go ahead, prove me wrong, I'm listening.

Return to “Pole Vault - College”