Moderators: lonpvh, VaultnGus

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:02 pm

GPvaulter wrote:If you are willing to drive FSU :no: has a couple of home meets this outdoor season check out fsusports.com i believe there is a meet next weekend there. April 11-12? I am also looking for meets to go to i am redshirting at UF right now.

I think I am going to be in Gainesville or Ormond Beach that weekend to visit friends and family... are you jumping in that one?

We have a home meet here at UGA May 3rd you could probably jump in :) You should check out what meets are at UCF and USF and Miami as well...

Tigerrrpv
PV Beginner

redshirts and meets

Unread postby Tigerrrpv » Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:45 am

Hey I am not exactly sure of the ncaa rules but I think that there is a limit to the number of meets a redshirt can compete in during the season. I think you guys should check before you go to a lot of meets because it would be a shame to blow a year of eligibility because of a misunderstanding of the rules. I redshirted my first year and I think I heard that then, for some reason I'm thinking it is 2 or three unattached meets. Don't quote me but it is better to be safe than sorry. But that is just in season summer is open.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Apr 14, 2003 5:47 pm

Next meet: an Invitational at University of Alabama - Huntsville :P

Week after I might go up to Tennessee since my team is going there instead of Drake.

Then (May 3rd) we have a home meet! :yes:

airboy61
PV Newbie

Unread postby airboy61 » Sat Apr 19, 2003 12:45 am

I just found out about these Oregon USATF Development meets today -- as a master they are good for me -- there may not be a lot of college level folks but the first one at Willamette U. should at least have a good pit....I hope to be there...

http://www.usatf-oregon.org/youth/index.htm

airboy61
PV Newbie

Unread postby airboy61 » Sat Apr 19, 2003 8:16 pm

Never mind the first meet, I found that there is no PV.....Check the others by getting contact from USATF-oregon before going...

BrandoAZ
PV Fan

Unread postby BrandoAZ » Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:01 pm

Im a high school soon to be college vaulter and I was wondering what kind of opening hights most meets have. I've looked at college results and it just seems like people get 14', no hight, or more... is 14' an accurat hight to assume for starting?

Also if anyone goes to GA Tech could ya PM me pleassse :) I want to talk to you....

And I went to the UGA camp.. the UGA coach is quite cool and taught me a lot. I really need another round of camp badly right now!

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:21 pm

BrandoAZ wrote:Im a high school soon to be college vaulter and I was wondering what kind of opening hights most meets have. I've looked at college results and it just seems like people get 14', no hight, or more... is 14' an accurat hight to assume for starting?

Also if anyone goes to GA Tech could ya PM me pleassse :) I want to talk to you....

And I went to the UGA camp.. the UGA coach is quite cool and taught me a lot. I really need another round of camp badly right now!

I think our last home meet started at 14-1. The starting height of our next one is posted on our website. So are the dates of summer camps this year.

http://www.georgiadogs.com/

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:16 pm

Information about our home meet at UGA is up at http://georgiadogs.ocsn.com/sports/c-tr ... 03aaa.html

You are all invited! Unattached people are welcome.

Auburn guys - I would totally go to your meet Sunday, but I have to study for finals :no:

Return to “Pole Vault - College”