News from the collegiate ranks

Moderators: lonpvh, VaultnGus

VaultPurple
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, College Coach, Pole Vault Addict
Favorite Vaulter: Greg Duplantis

Re: Height needed for scholarship?

Unread postby VaultPurple » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:01 pm

professor wrote:alright alright you know maybe you guys are right and maybe im being a little stubborn about this lol you made some really great points and now i understand this a lot better from what you said about vaulters being a single event ahtlete

thanks for the input

Now do not take this as it is impossible, just not likely. You should always look at the school first, the track program second, and the money last unless that is the only way you can get to college. I do know some small D2 schools that will give almost a full ride for anyone that jumps over 14' because their conference is always so bad in the vault 14' will win right away. But the downfall to these programs, especially this one in particular is that the reason they do not have greatest vaulters and can give so much for a 14' guy is because they do not have a coach that knows anything about pole vaulting, and they do not have hardly any poles. The pole situation is usually the biggest problem with going to smaller schools, because you can't go but so high on the same poles. Yes there are a few good smaller D2 and D3 programs that have a full set up just like a big D1 school, but they are a rare.

EDIT: School was DII
Last edited by VaultPurple on Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Re: Height needed for scholarship?

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:23 pm

DIII schools can't give athletic scholarships, maybe you are thinking DII or NAIA.

Return to “Pole Vault - College”