pv standards

Got something for sale? Looking to buy something? Post it here, but make sure to read the rules first!

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

Aviendha
PV Pro
Expertise: Current Collegiate Vaulter

pv standards

Unread postby Aviendha » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:04 pm

not selling, looking...
does anyone have a used set of standards my school could get fairly cheap?
we are in desperate need of new ones (our bottom peg is missing on one side so we have to tie our extender on, and on the other side, the screw is missing, and the hole is stripped, so we have to use pieces of wood to prop it up when we raise it). we can't afford to just buy new ones this year, but i'm hoping if i can find a cheap used set that they'll spring for it so we don't have to borrow whenever we have a home meet.
~Why does everyone prefer those who lie and make themselves less than they are, rather than those who embrace who they are, rejoice in it, and refuse to pretend anything less?

Jenny205
PV Newbie

Fixing you standards

Unread postby Jenny205 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:07 pm

Why don't you fix the one you have for the time being. For the peg, buy a 3/8 or a 1/2 inch dia. bolt three inches plus the thickness of your tubing and half an inch for the nut. Get a bolt with 1 inch of treads. If you have a 1 inch square tubing, you would need a 4 1/2 inch bolt. Cut the head of the bolt off. From the end you cut, measure three inches to drill a small hole through the bolt for a 3/4" long cold roll pin to go in. You now have a new peg. For the adjustment bolt buy a bolt a size larger than the hole. Tap new treads in the hole. Take the bolt and bend it 90 degrees and screw it in. Your set!

Return to “Sales Forum”