"BEST BAR REPLACER EVER MADE"

Got something for sale? Looking to buy something? Post it here, but make sure to read the rules first!

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

drcurran
PV Pro
Expertise: Former HS Vaulter, Former College Vaulter, USAT&F Official, PIAA Official
Lifetime Best: 14'
Favorite Vaulter: Brian Sternberg

"BEST BAR REPLACER EVER MADE"

Unread postby drcurran » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:24 pm

After being a pole vaulter, a coach and now an official for the last 40 years I have worked at trying to come up with the best gadget to replace the bar. I'm like you, we've used everything from a broom, a rake, a stick taped to an old pole, a broken cross bar, you name it and we have used it. I've seen what we can buy from T&F suppliers, very expensive, and I'm not sure they work all that well. The latest model I've seen I think was $115 EACH! I think I have come up with a system which work better than anything I've ever used.

I've come up with a system which is very inexpensive, and quite possible the "best bar replacer ever made".

If you are interested drop me an email drcurran@bellatlantic.net and I'll send you directions to either make your own or get one from me.

Thanks
Dan

lonestar
PV Lover

Unread postby lonestar » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:41 am

We use telescoping paint rollers - take the roller assembly off the end, then bend the rod into a "V," slip some surgical tubing (bungee) over the rod for traction or tape it, and you're in business. Lightweight, adjustable length, and cost maybe $8.00 to make. I always take a set to every meet I go to since they work great and save time.
Any scientist who can't explain to an eight-year-old what he is doing is a charlatan. K Vonnegut

Bruce Caldwell
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: It is all about Pole Vaulting. I even catch the competitors poles!
Lifetime Best: 15'8"
Favorite Vaulter: Kjell Issakson, Jan Johnson

Sorry guys but the best gadget for this $2.98 at home Depot

Unread postby Bruce Caldwell » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:13 am

Sorry guys but the best gadget for this $2.98 at home Depot

I have seen many contraptions in my 34 years in this business. I think the gadget made by PORTAPIT is nice to carry in the bag. For $19.95 it fits on top of your vaulting pole and works best with the NOfzinger only found on PORTaPIT crossbars

http://www.ssgecom.com/scripts/wgate/bsn16e73f83/~flNlc3Npb249UFJPRDE6UFJPRF9BR0FURTowMDAwLjAwYmMuNTFhZGZlMWEuYWEyZCZ+aHR0cF9jb250ZW50X2NoYXJzZXQ9aXNvLTg4NTktMSZ+U3RhdGU9MTE5MDUuMDAyLjA3LjA4====?~okcode=GOSRCH&catalog=BSN&~target=_parent

BUT the cheapest and most functional putter upper is at HOme Depot for $2.98 Just clamp to the opening of the top of you pole and it will assit you in placing the bar.

http://www.homedepot.com/
PUT in Keyword Spring Clamp then look for the 2" size BABCO CLAMP at $2.98
I love the PV, it is in my DNA

Return to “Sales Forum”