LTB: Used copy of BTB2

Got something for sale? Looking to buy something? Post it here, but make sure to read the rules first!

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

Greero
PV Newbie

LTB: Used copy of BTB2

Unread postby Greero » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:04 am

I am without a coach, and unhappy with my progress and PR, and have heard lots of praise for this book/DVD. I just do not have the cash to drop on a new one. If i don't have enough for both is the book still worth it? Will it help me raise my PR? Thanks.

KirkB
PV Rock Star
Expertise: Former College Vaulter; Former Elite Vaulter; Former Coach; Fan
Lifetime Best: 5.34
Favorite Vaulter: Thiago da Silva

Re: LTB: Used copy of BTB2

Unread postby KirkB » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:26 am

Without a coach, I would say you need both. You just can't learn to vault out of a book ... if you don't have a "support system". We on PVP can be part of your support system, but it's just so hard to explain things with text.

I can read BTB2 and understand what they're talking about, because I already understand the concepts. But if you've never learned to vault properly ... yet ... then you need more than just a book. Actually what you need more than anything is a coach!

My recommendation to you is to find a part-time job on weekends, or sell your sports card collection, or do whatever you need to do to raise the cash. If you're serious about pole vaulting, you'll find a way. Rich uncles or understanding parents also help. ;)

Just show them (by training hard) how serious you are about becoming a better pole vaulter. :yes:

There may be other innovative ways to get your hands on the book/DVD. Maybe talk to your school librarian about ordering it FOR THE SCHOOL? :idea:

I'm sure there's other ways ... ???

Kirk
Run. Plant. Jump. Stretch. Whip. Extend. Fly. Clear. There is no tuck! THERE IS NO DELAY!

Greero
PV Newbie

Re: LTB: Used copy of BTB2

Unread postby Greero » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:18 pm

Well, this is my second year vaulting. My first year I had a coach who was good, but not always there. He's no longer with us, and I never quite learned proper technique. I made some extra money today and now have enough for the book/dvd combo and hope it will help. I appreciate the help and plan on using PVP as my "support system" and hope to see some real progress this season.

Return to “Sales Forum”