Class of 2007 College Signings

News about national level high school pole vaulting, pole vaulters, rules, etc. Things that are of local interest only should go in the regional forums below. High schoolers wanting to chat should go to the High School Lounge.

Moderators: Robert schmitt, Russ

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:50 am

http://www.southbendtribune.com/apps/pb ... /-1/Sports

Northridge star signs with ISU

HS TRACK & FIELD

TIM CREASON
Tribune Correspondent

Alicia Fritschi raised the pole vault bar to record heights last spring for the Northridge High School girls track team.

Now, Indiana State University is hoping she will do the same thing as a collegian.

Fritschi, who won the Bremen Regional pole vault championship and finished fourth at the IHSAA state finals as a junior, is taking advantage of the NCAA's early signing period to ink a track and field scholarship with the Sycamores.

She is one of eight women's track athletes -- including two vaulters -- to be signed by the school in Terre Haute, according to ISU coach John Gartland.

"Alicia is a great pole vaulter, who will add to our deep group of vaulters," said Gartland in a prepared statement. "She will contend for an All-MVC (Missouri Valley Conference) spot right away."

Fritschi, who never vaulted before her freshman season, has shown tremendous progress during her high school career. She reached a personal best of 7 feet, 9 inches as a freshman, raised that to 10-0 as a sophomore and then hit 12-0 as a junior.

"I think she still has an upside," said former Northridge coach Sam Miller, who had to convince a reluctant Fritschi to attempt the event three years ago. "Alicia is fast, but the main thing is, she's extremely strong. She's not very big, but she does some amazing weight workouts. It won't surprise me at all when she goes higher next spring."

Fritschi, who also long jumps and runs sprints for the Raiders, should be a contender for the state championship in her final high school season.

She is the third highest returning prep vaulter in Indiana, and she spent part of last summer at the world-class Earl Bell pole vault camp in Arkansas, refining her technique.

"They made her work out with the boys," points out Miller. "They said she is that good.

"One thing I think will help Alicia is that when she gets to Indiana State, she's only going to vault," said Miller. "She won't have to worry about leaving the runway to jump into the 400 relay.

"Even after three years, her technique is still rough," added Miller. "This is a girl who is only going to get better. I think in a few years, Indiana State is going to look back and realize they got a real gem."

http://www.indstate.edu/athletic/track/ ... ignees.htm

TRACK AND FIELD THANKFUL FOR EIGHT SIGNEES ON TURKEY DAY

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. – Indiana State women’s track and field Head Coach John Gartland announced the additions of eight student-athletes to the ranks of the team. Each has signed National Letters of Intent and will join the Sycamores for the 2007-08 season.

The list includes Indiana products: Allison Malone (Rensselaer, Ind./Renssalaer Central HS), Alicia Fritschi (Middlebury, Ind./Northridge HS), Ashley Davis (Brazil, Ind./Northview HS), Ariel Hall (Terre Haute, Ind./South), Bethany Scruton (Columbus, Ind./Columbus North HS) and Emalie Alvey (Newburgh, Ind./Castle HS). Alicia Lipska (Dodgeville, Wis./Dodgeville HS) and Amanda Barlage (Versailles, Ohio/Versailles HS) complete the list.

Alicia Fritschi: Fritschi made great progress from her sophomore to junior years, improving in the vault from 10 feet 6 inches to 12 feet. She jumped 11 feet 6 inches in last spring’s regional meet to make it to the state meet. In the state meet, she finished 4th at 12 feet, finishing just ahead of future ISU teammate Kylie Hutson. She is the third highest returning vaulter this year in Indiana. Personal Bests: 12-0 (Pole Vault)

Coach John Gartland’s Comments: "Alicia is a great pole vaulter, who will add to our deep group of vaulters. She will contend for an all MVC spot right away."

Amanda Barlage: Barlage is one of the top pole vaulters in the state of Ohio. She has made steady progress as a vaulter throughout her high school years. In 2006, Barlage finished in second place at the Ohio Division III State Meet, jumping a personal best of 11 feet 9 inches. Personal Bests: 11-9 (Pole Vault)

Coach John Gartland’s Comments: "The pole vault has traditionally been one of our strongest women’s events. Amanda will add strength and depth to an event we are already strong in."

ipolevault
PV Fan

Re: Lets keep spreading the nearly right stuff

Unread postby ipolevault » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:51 pm

fchipr wrote:so I will too. I've understood that Caseys Dad coached at Stanford in the Toby days (check out the height of Toby's Stanford freshman record) and then stayed with Toby post Stanford for the Olympic push. Anyhow, lets just say Casey has a bit of a "connection" with Stanford and their Vault program. ...not to mention his athletic heritage of his mom and Dad. Stanford has a nice D-1 vault program.

Oh and those of us good enough to make it to the Finals (top 9) in the Calif. State meet will get to deal with Casey there. Because unless you all tell me he graduated early, we get him again! It'll take 16'0 to medal here I figure (top 6).

Casey Here we come!

Ha, you're telling me. he's in the same athletic league as my school, so I have to face him twice, once at our meet, and once at league meet. :confused:

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:02 pm

Don't hate, I got most of the marks off Dyestat.

17'05.25 Casey Roche CA- Signed early with Stanford
17'03.50i Spencer McCorkel AR- Signed early with Arkansas
16'09.25 Maston Wallace TX - Signed early with Texas
16'03.00 Joseph Farley TX - Signed early with Baylor
16'02.00 Shea Kearney AZ
16'02.00 Travis Matthews TX
16'00.00 Cameron Cheek GA
16'00.00 Hunter Hall IN - Signed early with Virginia Tech
15'09.00 Sean Gil PA
15'08.00 Derek Schutz
15'06.00 Mickey Defilippo MO
15'06.00 Kyle Inks CA
15'06.00 Sam Kranz IL
15'06.00 Joe Noonan IL
15'06.00 Parker Smith CO
15'05.00 Joe Davis FL
15'05.00 Mike Dempsey NY - signed early with Albany
15'03.00 Cory Altenburg TX
15'03.00 Nick David NY
15'03.00 Jim Foreman IL
15'03.00 Jordan Johnson TX
15'03.00 Michael Simms CA
15'03.00 Chris Spataro PA
15'02.00 Michael Ayers TN - signed early with Tennessee
15'02.00 Alandous Briggs IN
15'02.00 Mike Schaefer OH
15'02.00 Shane Shockey OH
15'01.50 Logan Lynch MI
15'01.25 Bryan Keck SD

14'00.00i Katie Veith IN - Signed early with Texas Tech
13'05.75 Allison Stokke CA - Signed early with Cal
13'04.00 Tori Anthony CA - Signed early with UCLA
13'02.25 Melissa Gergel IL - Signed early with Oregon
12'10.00 Tara Diebold MO - Signed early with Arkansas
12'09.00 Natasha Barthel CA - Signed early with Stanford
12'06.75 Daisy Glasser FL
12'03.00 Stephanie Chin IN
12'03.00 Beki Finn PA
12'03.00 Rebecca Frey PA
12'03.00 Rachel Simmons CA
12'01.00 Laura Asimakis TX
12'01.00 Stephanie Duffy NY
12'01.00 Ari Ince TX
12'01.00 Amy Morrison MI - Signed early with Clemson
12'00.00 Heidi Dorling WA
12'00.00 Alicia Fritschi IN - Signed early with Indiana State
12'00.00 Alexa Huestis WA - Signed early with Washington State
12'00.00 Morgan Lancaster TX
12'00.00 Mallory Lawrence AR
11'09.00 Alexandra Acker PA
11'09.00 Amanda Barlage OH - Signed early with Indiana State
11'09.00 Jannah Evans TX
11'09.00 Dana Hoolko CA
11'09.00 Stephanie McDougal PA - Signed early with East Carolina
11'09.00 Sarah Savage CA
11'09.00 Natalie Willer NE - Signed early with Nebraska
11'09.00 Joanna Wright NC
11'08.00 Shannon Arnold TX
11'08.00 Shastee VanderWyk CA
11'07.00 Sharlene Harmon MI
11'07.00 Katherine Hendricks IL - Signed early with Vanderbilt
11'07.00 Katie Morte CA
Last edited by rainbowgirl28 on Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jcoover
PV Pro
Favorite Vaulter: Nicholas Panozzo

Unread postby jcoover » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:47 pm

YA! dont hate on the beccamonster.

i got ur back kiddo

:P ;)
"We can, by God, let our demons loose and just wail on!" - John L Parker

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:58 pm

http://www.thereporteronline.com/site/n ... 6403&rfi=6

Stephanie McDougal announced that she has accepted a track scholarship to East Carolina University.

McDougal‚ who plans to pursue an exercise science/physical therapy major‚ has rewritten the North Penn record books in pole vault‚ eclipsing the old mark by two-and-a-half feet with her school record jump of 12 feet. She finished third at states.

She chose East Carolina over the University of Pittsburgh and Delaware.

“It’s good to feel somebody acknowledged all your work‚ and it’s going to pay off‚â€Â

vaulter870
PV Great
Expertise: Current Club Cocah, Current College Vaulter, PV Addict!
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson

Unread postby vaulter870 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:42 pm

wow when are those marks from cause i know that alot of those kids have jumped higher then that!
If you cant do it right , do if 10000 more times till you can

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:35 pm

vaulter870 wrote:wow when are those marks from cause i know that alot of those kids have jumped higher then that!

DYESTAT

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:32 pm

From Dyestat

Asimakis, Laura - Friendswood, TX - JT/PV to Texas A&M
Wright, Katie - Princess Anne HS, Virginia Beach, VA - PV to VMI

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:53 pm

http://www.vmikeydets.com/article.asp?articleid=82732

Katie Wright (Virginia Beach, VA/Princess Anne HS) - Pole Vault

Wright will come to VMI and look to immediately fill in the team's need for a vaulter. She won the 2006 Virginia AAU State Meet by clearing a height of 10' in the pole vault. Wright also finished first at the 2006 Atlantic Coast Invite, clearing a personal best 10' 9-¾". Look for her to continue to improve in her senior year, and have an impact next year at both the Big South Conference and ECAC Championships.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:41 am

From PennTrackXC.com

Elizabeth DeMedal, Wilmington Area, pole vault, to Saint Francis University, PA

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:57 am

http://www.wiuathletics.com/ViewArticle ... LID=727195

Stevenson announces the signing of six track and field athletes for 2007-08
Courtesy: Teri LaJeunesse
Release: 12/18/2006

Courtesy: Larry Dean/Western Illinois University
Head coach Mike Stevenson announced the signing of six athletes to the 2007 track roster.
MACOMB, Ill. - Head track and field coach Mike Stevenson announced today the signing of six new members of the Western Illinois track and field team for the 2007-08 season. The group includes Andy Ryan, Tyler Buckles, Taylor Murray, Hannah Lambert, Maggie DeBerge, and ChrisDell Harris.

Ryan is a senior from Rolling Meadows, Ill., participates in both field and running events. His main event is the pole vault, in which he holds a personal best height of 15’6â€Â

BeamQueen987
PV Wannabe

Unread postby BeamQueen987 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:54 pm

http://catamountsports.cstv.com/sports/ ... 06aaa.html

Western Carolina Track & Field Inks Three to National Letters of Intent

Kassie McKie, Janet Carothers, and Beth Crater sign with the Catamounts

Nov. 29, 2006

Cullowhee, N.C. - Western Carolina head track & field coach Danny Williamson today announced the signing of three student-athletes for the 2007-08 year. Kassie McKie (Stevens HS/Rapid City, S.D.), Janet Carothers (Harding Univ. HS/Charlotte, N.C.), and Beth Crater (North Davidson HS/Winston-Salem, N.C.) have all signed National Letters of Intent to compete for the WCU women's track & field team next season.

"I am very excited about these three individuals that will join our women's team next season. We feel that we have landed not only three quality athletes, but three outstanding individuals that will be great representatives for Western Carolina University," said Williamson. "Western Carolina has had a strong tradition in the women's pole vault and with the addition of Kassie (McKie) and Beth (Crater), we will again move back into the upper echelon of the Southern Conference in that event. Also, Janet (Carothers) will be a great compliment to our strong sprinting corps and I feel she will have an immediate impact on our program."

Kassie McKie
Pole Vault
Rapid City, S.D. (Stevens HS)
McKie owns a personal best vault of 11'0" to date in her prep career ... Her high school has captured three-consecutive state team championships ... She is an Honor Roll student that plans on majoring in International Business ... McKie comes to WCU following in the footsteps of former Catamount pole vaulter, Laura Tieszen, who also hailed from Rapid City, S.D. ... Tieszen, who graduated from WCU magna cum laude in 2005, was one Western's all-time greats in track & field, earning three SoCon Indoor and Outdoor pole vault championships.

Beth Crater
Pole Vault
Winston-Salem, N.C. (North Davidson HS)
Having only vaulted for one and a half years, Crater has made tremendous progress clearing a personal best height of 10-feet in the girls' pole vault ... Crater will offer depth and quality to the women's pole vault squad ... Was voted the MVP for her high school track & field team for the field events both as a sophomore and junior ... She also has experience in the hurdles and throwing events and could be a possibility in the multi-event.

Return to “Pole Vault - High School”