top vaulters this year?

News about national level high school pole vaulting, pole vaulters, rules, etc. Things that are of local interest only should go in the regional forums below. High schoolers wanting to chat should go to the High School Lounge.

Moderators: Robert schmitt, Russ

GBHS
PV Wannabe

Unread postby GBHS » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:27 am

A vote for Casey Roche. His dad is one of the most knowledgeable coaches I have met. He is a stickler for technique. And over the last year, I have seen Casey become faster much more powerful on the runway. He also seems to be able to jump at take off much better than most younger vaulters.

FriarPV
PV Nerd

Casey Roche

Unread postby FriarPV » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:45 pm

GBHS,
Having wathed Casey at the Ca. State meet and the USATF JO's I would have to say that barring injury he should be the odds on favorite.
Wish him luck for me.

vault3rb0y
PV Rock Star
Expertise: College Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.14m

Unread postby vault3rb0y » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:56 pm

Casey had an amazing end of the season, and will no doubt be very high this year if he can hold his momentum. The only question is if he can be as consistent as some of the other guys. Thats the big thing, on any given day someone can PR or go 2 feet below their PR. Thats why i would put my bet on the vaulter who clears hieghts of 16'6 or higher, the most consistently throughout the season... whoever that turns out to be. But my bet is on spencer. I must admit thats baised however :P.
The greater the challenge, the more glorious the triumph

Return to “Pole Vault - High School”