Could Roth take US HS Record?

News about national level high school pole vaulting, pole vaulters, rules, etc. Things that are of local interest only should go in the regional forums below. High schoolers wanting to chat should go to the High School Lounge.

Moderators: Robert schmitt, Russ

Could Scott Roth take the high school record?

Yes
30%
No
51%
I don't care, it should be me instead
19%

Total votes: 43

baggettpv
PV Master

Roth and the National Record

Unread postby baggettpv » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:01 am

Just watched the 17'1" state win on video. If he improves his swing it seems as tho he can jump very high. At least top 5 all time high school. He does many things that will help him jump with the best in college and on the world scene later. It will be interesting to see what his college coaches can do with him. Apparently his HS coach has done a very fine job at Granite Bay!
Rick Attig had 3 17 footers in the same year at South Raytown HS when he was there.

Good stuff!

Rick Baggett

Bonevt
PV Whiz

Unread postby Bonevt » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:56 am

K_Rabbit-I'm not sure if he can do it.... It doesn't seem as though he has the physical strength and height that Tommy Skipper has. Although I hope he surprises me and does it!

I agree with K rabbit, from the pics ive seen of scott he doesn't seem to have the raw strength. Skipper is a 7000+ pt decathlete, but i bet scott knows what hes doing and what its going to take to get the 13 more inches.

Return to “Pole Vault - High School”