Phil Hanson (IL) to vault in China

News about national level high school pole vaulting, pole vaulters, rules, etc. Things that are of local interest only should go in the regional forums below. High schoolers wanting to chat should go to the High School Lounge.

Moderators: Robert schmitt, Russ

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Phil Hanson (IL) to vault in China

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:31 am

Hanson to vault in China

Published: Monday, July 3, 2006 12:53 PM CDT

Phil Hanson will be going global. The 2006 Pontiac Township High School graduate will be competing in an international pole vault in August.

Hanson, who won the Class AA state championship in May after clearing 16 feet, 10 3/4 inches, cleared the bar at 16-7 over the weekend in placing second at the Finish Line USA Junior Track and Field Championships in Indianapolis.

This qualified Hanson for the 2006 IAAF World Junior Track and Field Championships in Beijing, China. This meet will take place Aug. 15-20.

Hanson cleared 17-1 1/4 in winning an indoor meet earlier this year. This mark is the highest ever by an Illinois high school pole vaulter - indoor or outdoor. Hanson is coached by Corey Christenson and Mike Cockerhan.

izzystikchik
PV Follower
Location: MARQUETTE UNIVERSITY in Milwaukee, WI. ~ My home town is in OakPark, IL

Unread postby izzystikchik » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:55 am

Wow, way to go illinois, good programs!

Return to “Pole Vault - High School”