High School Coaches

News about national level high school pole vaulting, pole vaulters, rules, etc. Things that are of local interest only should go in the regional forums below. High schoolers wanting to chat should go to the High School Lounge.

Moderators: Robert schmitt, Russ

Courts
PV Beginner

Unread postby Courts » Fri Nov 15, 2002 1:51 am

You always make fun of me. I guess you are just lucky that I am not sensative, otherwise i might get offended. :D

Atleetwinvaulter
PV Wannabe

coaching

Unread postby Atleetwinvaulter » Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:12 pm

I have been lucky enough to have 2 great coaches. For my first year of vaulting i learned and was coached by Valeri Osipenko Who was a great vaulter from Russia(went 18 soemthign or other) and whose son Val Osipenko vaulted 15 at my school. Now that Val has gone off to college and Mr. Osipenko has gone to help at UVA, I am lucky enough to have another great coach now, Mr. Kyle Bishop. Mr. Bishop is good friends with bronze medelist Jan Johnson and Has been coaching the vault since before my time; he has run camps and coached athletes such as Lawrence Johnson, Kevin brown, and so many more. I can't even count how many videos i have watched of Lawerence Johnson runnign down the runway in his Great Bridge High School uniform. Im trying to learn as much as possible abotu the vault and plan on attending a sky jumpers camp this summer. Im sure with Great coaching and the determination i have Ill be jumping up there one day! well thats all i wanted to say! BYE! :D
"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it"

Return to “Pole Vault - High School”