A sweet Idea for a national meet!!

News about national level high school pole vaulting, pole vaulters, rules, etc. Things that are of local interest only should go in the regional forums below. High schoolers wanting to chat should go to the High School Lounge.

Moderators: Robert schmitt, Russ

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Fri Oct 18, 2002 12:16 pm

no wonder texas always has so many good people....dang, lol
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Fri Oct 18, 2002 12:29 pm

no wonder texas always has so many good people....dang, lol
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.

-Stephen King

vaultman02
PV Beginner

Unread postby vaultman02 » Sat Oct 19, 2002 12:43 am

I wonder how many v17 footers from texas went on to jump 18' or higher in college and 19 feet or higher as an eliete?

We all know Jacob Davis went on to the University of Texas and cleared 19'4. Jim Davis (no relation to Jacob) was a vaulter in Texas the same year as Jacob Davis and I believe his best was 17'1 in high school. He went on to Fresno State and cleared 19'1. Eshbach hasn't done much since he went to Nebraska. I believe his best so far is 18'3.

Azbeachboy1
PV Follower
Expertise: College coach
Lifetime Best: 17’1”
Favorite Vaulter: Toby

Unread postby Azbeachboy1 » Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:40 pm

I didnt think Eric ever went as high as he did in HS. I thought his best in college was like 18'2 or something like that.
Just fly high, and KISS THE SKY!!!

vaultman02
PV Beginner

Unread postby vaultman02 » Sun Oct 20, 2002 12:28 am

No, I'm almost positive that he jumped 18'3". But I know it's not any higher than that.

Azbeachboy1
PV Follower
Expertise: College coach
Lifetime Best: 17’1”
Favorite Vaulter: Toby

Unread postby Azbeachboy1 » Sun Oct 20, 2002 6:34 pm

Do you have any idea when or where he did it. Because everytime I hear or talk about Eric the topic always comes up on how he is the kid that hold the HS national Record but is never gonna go any higher, staying at Nebraska.
Just fly high, and KISS THE SKY!!!

PVCoach
PV Wannabe

Unread postby PVCoach » Sun Oct 20, 2002 8:00 pm

Eric jumped 18' 2.5" at the 2000 Big 12 Outdoor Championships, according to the 2002 Nebraska Track & Field media/recruiting guide. Coach Rick Attig sent one to my son Chase. If I recall correctly, I believe Coach Attig told me Eric jumped 18' 3" this past season. But I may be wrong. Eric is a great athlete and Coach Attig is a phenominal vault coach. My guess is Eric still has some great jumping to do.
Vault High, Vault Safe!

Rusty Shealy
Director/Head Coach
Carolina Extreme Track & Field

CyDori
PV Newbie

Unread postby CyDori » Thu Nov 28, 2002 7:42 pm

everyone has been talking about the guys lists, but which state would be up there for the girls? WA CA?????
Always shoot higher than you think you can.

Return to “Pole Vault - High School”